Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Fathers Day Kyle!

This is Kyle's first Father's Day and I couldn't wait to do something special for him. It's amazing how much I've learned to love him even more than I did before, just watching how he interacts with our little one. She may not be here yet, but he'll talk to her, fold her clothes with me after I've washed them telling her how pretty she's going to be, and wrap his arms around my ever growing belly as we watch TV. I'm convinced that even now she knows him, she responds to him by moving around! Every time he does one of these amazingly simple things, I realize how much I love him. I can't even begin to imagine how much my love for Kyle will increase when I see him hold her for the first time. I choke up just thinking about it.

He talks about all these things he can't wait to do with her. One of them is watching a Huskers game! Haha, I love it. One of his favorite seasons is college football season, so I love the fact that he wants to share that with her. I decided to make that event a little more special by creating a little outfit where she helps support Daddy's favorite team. I can't wait for the day when I can take a picture of the two of them doing just that! (Don't worry, I'm sure I'll blog about it.)

Here's how I created her outfit: 
First was the onsie. I was nervous about this part because it involved fabric puffy paint and that stuff can be a pain. The N is ironed on and the bow is hot glued on, but the phrase, "Daddy and Me Cheering the Huskers to Victory" I -painfully- wrote that.
Next came her bow: 
To piece the ribbon together, I used a needle and thread, and once each piece was where I wanted it, I looped the remaining thread through two or three times to secure them in place.

Lastly, I hot glued a felt red heart to the middle (to hide to thread and it's cute) to the bow, and finally the bow to a headband. Voila!
Add the black and red pants I found, along with the Husker pacifiers, and you have a pretty darn cute outfit to kick off the Husker season. Happy Father's Day Kyle! I love you and I know our daughter does too!



No comments:

Post a Comment