Friday, June 15, 2012

June 15 is...

Ocassionally I like to go to this website: Holidays & Observances just to see what bizarre holidays I should celebrate on what day. (It provides a lot of party inspiration, btw...)

Today is... Magna Carta Day, Native American Citizenship Day, Nature Photography Day, National Day of Prayer for Law Enforcement Officers, National Flip Flop Day, Work at Home Fathers Day, and World Elder Abuse Awareness Day. All of those days are worth celebrating.

The Magna Carta document is a big piece of history. No idea what I'm talking about? Check out the link: http://www.answers.com/topic/magna-carta-day-event

The way the Native American's have been treated throughout our history should put us to shame, we need to celebrate them as well!

Nature Photography Day is the one I was most excited about because I have these b-e-a-utiful roses in my front flower garden. For some reason I have been blessed with a plethora of blooms! Due to the fact that it's Nature Photography Day, I had to honor it by taking a picture on my iPhone and sharing it with you. It doesn't do them justice, but enjoy them anyway.


Say a prayer for all our law enforcement officers, they go to work everyday knowing it could be their last, just so we can walk the streets safely. So thank them!

I celebrate National Flip Flop day every day because my feet are a tad swollen and they're the most comfy. So in honor of today, I'm loving my flip flops a little extra.

If you know a father who works from home, celebrate him!

We most definitely need to be aware of elderly abuse. If you hear of it happening in your neighborhood, do something about it!

Everyday is worth celebrating! I'm just looking forward to June 16 cause it's Fudge Day and June 17 because it's Stewart's Root Beer Day (definitely going to have to find a Stewart's root beer in honor of this day), June 19 because it's Garfield the Cat Day (one of my FAVORITE cartoons, it makes me giggle), and June 19 is also World Sauntering Day (I might saunter over to the DQ to get me some ice cream, anyone care to join me?), the 23rd is Pink Flamingo Lawn Ornament Day (I need to get one of those for that day!)... I'll end with those... it's looking like there's a lot of goofy, fun, eye-opening things to celebrate this month! Check it out.

"This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." - Psalm 118:24

No comments:

Post a Comment