Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Read the Bible in a Year Plan... uh... I Need a Little Motivation!

For my New Years Resolution, I made it a goal to read through the Bible. I have a ways to go yet (because I struggled through Exodus, thus spending more time in it) but I can officially check the following off my list:
  • Genesis
  • Exodus
  • 1 Kings
  • Esther
  • Ecclesiastes
  • Hosea
  • Romans (A staple for every Christian!)
  • Ephesians
  • James
  • 1st Peter
  • 2nd Peter
 Right now I'm reading through:
  • 2 Kings
  • John
  • Psalms
So I'm thinking of making each day next week dedicated to a short book of the Bible (on top of my daily reading):
  • Monday is Titus Day!
  • Tuesday is Philemon Day!
  • Wednesday is 1 John Day!
  • Thursday is 2 & 3 John Day! (They are 1/2 a page!)
  • Friday is Jude Day!
Who's with  me?

If you are, great! I'll be posting something about Titus on Monday, Philemon on Tuesday, etc. This will help keep me motivated, knowing others know this is my plan. HOLD ME ACCOUNTABLE! :)

Don't forget these Bible Basics:
  1. Remember the Bible is written as GOD centered, not man centered.
  2. Know the author.
  3. Know the audience.
  4. Find the purpose verse. (Why did he write it to whom he wrote it to?)

No comments:

Post a Comment