Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Old Testament Daily Readings

As you should know by now I made a New Years Resolution to read the Bible through this year and I have quite a few crossed off my list, but I also have quite a few that I haven't read yet. I'm realizing that I'm bored out of my skull, so I'm reading, working on projects around the house, and waiting for our little girl to get here. Usually during this time I'm in my classroom, busily preparing for the upcoming school year and because I do not have that to prepare for (part of me is super sad about that) I'm finding that I need to occupy myself with something or I'm going to lose my mind. What better thing to do than read my Bible?

Sooooooooo I decided to pick days during the month of July to read small Old Testament books, like I did with the New Testament June 25 -29. There's quite a few July week days that have nothing on my calendar so this will not only hold me accountable, but motivate me to read on top of what I read daily. (Not to mention give me something to do besides twiddling my thumbs....)

I just finished 1 Kings today and will start 1 Chronicles. I read a Psalm everyday as well. Once the Psalms are complete, I'll begin Proverbs. So I have a plan and I'm more than ready to do it. Everyday I'll be posting my notes and observations on these books. If you'd like to do it with me, you're more than welcome.

Here's the plan:

July 9th is Ruth Day!
July 10th is Joel Day!
July 11th is Obadiah Day!
July 12th is Jonah Day!
July 13th is Nahum Day!
July 16th is Habbakuk Day!
July 17th is Zephaniah Day!
July 18th is Haggai Day!
July 23rd is Malachi Day!

I'm learning so much through this process and I'm growing in my relationship with God! Join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment