Monday, July 2, 2012

Welcome 4th of July!


I seriously had zero 4th of July decorations until today. In a small town we do not have a host of places to shop, plus we're trying to pinch pennies right now, so I gathered together what I already had and spent the afternoon being artsy! I've had a ton of fun making them and thought I'd share another of my creations:

Welcome 4th of July!

I wanted a welcome sign so I dug through our fire pit scrap wood pile and came up with two pieces that would work.
After sanding both pieces down, I painted one red, let it dry, then stuck white letter stickers on it.


 I then spray painted them both white... here they are out to dry.
While the welcome sign itself dried I painted red, white, and blue stars.

And then the blue box, starting the flag.

By this time the welcome sign was dry so I peeled off the stickers. Voila!

After letting the blue dry, I painted on the red stripes.

Next I hot glued the red, white, and blue stars on the welcome sign.

Next came the ribbon I used to hang the sign, which I first hot glued and then used small nails to further secure it.


I hot glued the white star on the flag...

Then hot glued the ribbon onto the back and also nailed it down.

The finished product! I really like how it turned out!
  
Hopefully, this will provide you with some inspiration.
Enjoy your 4th of July!

1 comment: