Monday, November 5, 2012

I've Become a Hoarder of _____, Thanks to Pinterest!

Pinterest is a pretty amazing website that allows you to pin the things that most interest you and share them with others. I've always loved decorating and craft projects, and people have pinned some pretty amazing DIY ideas that I pin and think to myself, "I'll definitely do that project... later." Well, thanks to Pinterest I've become a hoarder of some pretty odd items. I have a hard time tossing them because what if I really do want to do that project later? If I throw it all away, then I'll never be able to do it! Great logic, right?

Well... right now, my craft room has become a storage room for office stuff, bathroom stuff, and remodel tools/materials. So all this stuff I'm collecting because of the projects I find on Pinterest just makes my house seem that much more cluttered, because organizing it all into nice little tubs or baskets is impossible until these big projects like the office and downstairs bathroom are complete. Ugh. Until then, perhaps I need to put a brake on this collecting of mine before I irritate my husband more than I already do with this Pinterest obsession of mine.

On that note, here's a few of the weirdo items I collect and some projects to go with them. I'm sure everyone could add to this list!
  1. Empty Toilet/Paper towel rolls (There's artwork, gift boxing ideas, and wrapping paper storage that people have geniously invented and shared on Pinterest...)
  2. Beer Bottle Caps
  3. Scrap Wood
  4. Boxes
  5. Magazines Pinned Image
  6. Wine Bottles, Crown Bottles, bottles, bottles, bottles.

1 comment:

  1. I am obsessed with Pinterest too. It is simply AMAZING! I have not started hoarding paper towel/toilet paper rolls yet, but have thought about it many times.

    Do all the chefs in the world a favor...don't make a glass cutting board. ;) My hubby (a chef) says that it is the WORST thing ever to cut glass on, lol.

    ReplyDelete