Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day


Spring and Fall are my favorite seasons. By the end of winter I'm sick and tired of cold, lugging around a coat, and the drab colors. By the end of summer I'm tired of the scorching heat and being a sweaty mess every time I step a toe outdoors. Don't get me wrong, I love snow, I love the variety each season brings, but Fall and Spring could last forever and I'd be okay with that. Perfect temperatures, bright colorS... it's like a breath of fresh air.

Instead of "spring showers" this year we had "spring snows" so I was more anxious than ever for sunny skies, tulips and daffodils, green grass, sprouting trees, and rainy afternoons. Spring FINALLY arrived this last week and I've been spending every precious possible moment outdoors. (However, the inside of my house has suffered, but oh well....)

Yesterday was a fabulous Mother's Day for so many, many reasons.

God blessed us with a perfect spring day.

Poppy came to visit.


Kyle made a yummy steak and eggs breakfast.

We walked to church.

We walked to Dairy Queen for a Reese's blizzard.

Every possible moment was spent outside and every project we completed was in our yard. I actually enjoyed pulling dandelions and sticker vines because we were outside soaking up the sun. Kyle has noticed my new found interest in gardening. I want a green thumb, but I have absolutely no idea on how to acquire one, so I'm researching, asking questions, and working hard at keeping my plants alive. I've expressed interest in starting a garden and putting more flowers in our front flower bed.

Kyle noticed.

I was utterly surprised and absolutely thrilled when Kyle opened the garage and I found six plants that needed planting! Three flowers, two tomato plants, and one green pepper. Woooooohooooooo! I immediately set to work and enjoyed every minute of it.


God has blessed me with an amazing husband, a beautiful daughter, a loving and giving father who spent the weekend with us, and a huge yard where I continue to work on God's beautiful creation and learn how to tend and care for it. Thank you Lord for this absolutely amazing, beautiful life - help me to glorify You in all that I do - even as I plant and care for these Mother's Day gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment