Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Nebraska Bloggers Connect: Top 5 Blogs to Follow

Top "you need to follow and why" blog list:
  • I recently started following Kelsey at Keeping Up With Kelsey and Suzi at Chores and Chandeliers because they had this brilliant idea to link up bloggers across the state of Nebraska by coming up with topics each Nebraska blogger will publish (like this one). It's a great idea to "link" up and get to know fellow Nebraskans. Still, I'm interested in both blogs for separate reasons (other than the Nebraska Bloggers Connect).
    • Suzi's description of herself sounds a lot like me! Our similarities: Christian, mother, (want-to-be) artist, (want-to-be) photographer, accessory junkie (especially scarf's), decorator, and animal lover (I'd have a zoo in my house if my husband would let me). When I read why she named her blog: Chores and Chandeliers, I was inspired and impressed. I mean a red chandelier in the barn? Awesome.
    • Kelsey has so many great ideas! She has guest bloggers, Thankful Thursdays, and shares gobs of recipe's (I need all the help I can get). She's a busy, busy individual and just like her blog name states, it's fun "keeping up" with her.

  • My best friend from college (I'm sure you've heard me mention her a thousand and one times) started a blog a long time ago and suggested that I do the same: The Barnett's. Well, it took me a long time to jump on that boat. I'm not sure why, because writing in my blog is one of the highlights of my day. Megan is always on top of the technology world. She introduced the idea of blogging to me, she found Nebraska Bloggers Connect (and so I followed suit), she's always writing about her two beautiful girls and the funny and awesome things that they do, and she's a fantastic teacher (who introduced me to Pinterest as a way of organizing some great ideas for your classroom). I find her inspiring because she's organized, talented, a hard worker, and still finds time to be a wonderful mother. I could not (nor will I ever try) to do all that she does, I'm kindof a scatter brain who wouldn't be able to keep up and stay sane. I wish that we lived closer, but her blog is one I will always follow, because in a small way I feel like I'm still part of her world.
  • I also follow Joy at Just Organize Yourself. I can't remember how I found her, but I love her ideas. I have a hard time getting organized. I'm one of those people who have great ideas, will start it, and struggle to follow through. Organization is not my strong suit. I'll do it, but I hate it. So anything to make my life easier, I'll definitely try. In high school I was the organization queen (I really think it's because I had to share a room with two younger sisters and I didn't want them touching my stuff), but when I went to college I stopped caring and let it all go (sorry college roommates). I picked up some really bad habits and am now trying to get back on that organization kick (especially since Kyle heard what I was like in high school and is now begging me to be like that again, lol).
  • One of my favorite things is turning junk into treasures and Nikki at That Was A What?! is a master at this trade. She turned a tire into this awesome ottoman (for example) and it inspired me to go to the dump, nab a tire and follow suit. However, Kyle won't take me to the dump, huh, wonder why? ;)
  • I follow another friend from college: Tami at Motherly Musings. She is also a stay-at-home mom who encouraged me to do cloth diapers. She seems to have it down and she was one person I went to for advice on this task I decided to undertake. I also read her blog because I like staying up to date on her life with her beautiful children. Her last entry was titled, Life With Two Kids = Craziness, so I'm sure that she is swamped trying to keep up with them. The four years I spent at Doane flew by, but I made some amazing girl friends and try to keep up with them, Tami's blog makes me realize how much I miss them, so it's nice to visit... online anyway.
Check them out, you'll be glad you did.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you're trying to keep up with me! I'm a tough one to track down, between leading the youth group, teaching a dance group of about 70+ teenagers for 3-4 days a week in the summer, playing in a community band, going to small town parades, running, participating in a 5k every month until the end of the year, planting a garden, helping the farm boy, having a full time job, selling scentsy, selling thirty-one, taking photography classes and trying to find time to blog I enjoy reading your blog as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks! I hope we can actually catch up in real life some time in this life!

    ReplyDelete