Thursday, August 15, 2013

Nebraska Bloggers Connect: The Man Behind My Blog

I feel so blessed to be able to write about this man again (what a great topic idea Kelsey and Suzi!). I've written about him plenty because he's more than a worthy topic. I've written about how he proposed to me, him as a father, a husband, and a helpmeet in some of the most difficult times in my life. 
I'm a mushy, gushy, lovey-dovey kind of person, Kyle is not. He is a straight forward, tell-it-like-it-is, very thoughtful individual. I'm the opposite. A typical girl who is emotional, fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants, "in the moment" individual. Perhaps that's why God put us together. So let me show my mushy-gushy, lovey-dovey side for a moment while telling you how I feel about the "Man Behind My Blog" and then you'll have a glimpse of what Kyle thinks of my blogging (he doesn't really care either way).

Important and memorable events in my life are always wrapped around my emotions. I specifically remember the first time our pastor described the Biblical definition of a husband. I walked away feeling blessed because each time he asked the husbands if they were meeting the needs of their wife according to Ephesians, I thought, "wow, that's my husband!" He's my provider. He protects me. He's nourishing and not a day passes that I don't feel loved and cherished. If I were to choose any passage that gave you an idea of "The Man Behind My Blog" I'd choose Song of Solomon 8:6-7. The way Solomon's bride talks about her husband in that passage is the way I'd describe Kyle to you: "Set me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon your arm, for love is strong as death, jealousy is fierce as the grave. Its flashes are flashes of fire, the very flame of the Lord. Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it." My love for Kyle is possessive (set me as a seal upon your heart, on your arm), he is mine, I am his. My love for Kyle is permanent (as strong as death). My love for "The Man Behind My Blog" is powerful and persevering (Its flashes are flashes of fire, the very flame of the Lord). And my love for him is steadfast, precious, and priceless (Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it.). What makes it steadfast, precious and priceless is not always my love. My love for Kyle is not perfect, but thanks to The Man our love is centered around, and The Man who is really behind my blog, my love doesn't have to be perfect because HE is perfect and HE loves Kyle perfectly. Thankfully Kyle's life's focus is glorifying God and doing what he can to keep our relationship centered on Jesus Christ. CHRIST ALONE makes our relationship perfect, because without His grace, we wouldn't have lasted past our first year.  

God has blessed me with an absolutely wonderful, God-fearing man; who works hard, loves his family, and spoils us to death. It's been a privilege to tell you a little bit about "The Man Behind My Blog"  (from my mushy-gushy side) but read on to see what he thinks of being the man behind my blog: 

Do I use your real name on the blog? Yes. (He said this like, uh, duh.)

If you had a blog, what would it be called? I would not have a blog. (This is where I started laughing about how I knew he was going to say that. And his reply was quite honest, "If you know what I'm going to say why are you asking me?" From this point on, I found the interview rather funny. I think he was getting irritated with me.)

Do you ever feel ignored because of my blog? Is ignored the same as put in second place? (Um, sorry Kyle. I really need to work on that. My goal from the beginning was to stay off the computer and iPhone while he's home. I thought I was doing OKAY with that, but I obviously need to be better. Perhaps I just need to turn it all off.)

What is your favorite post on my blog? I like them all equally. (I told him that was a safe answer. He just smiled. Smart man.)

How has my blog evolved or changed over time? I. Don't. Know. (I told him he couldn't answer my questions like that, so he was very pointed in the fact that he obviously does not know.)

How often do you read my blog? It depends on what my work schedules like. It fluctuates.

What are some of your hobbies? No one cares.

What would be your dream job? (Irritated) I don't know, Becky.

What is your favorite thing about me? When you don't ask me stupid questions. (I'm still laughing over that reply.)

Share 3 random facts about you… 1. I don't like people to know facts about me. 2. I think these questions are useless. 3. I would like it if you never asked them again. (Witty Sarcasm is one of his best traits.)

Now you might be thinking, "How Rude!" Don't take it that way. Like I said, Kyle is a very thoughtful, private, straight forward individual who doesn't see the point in social networking (he tells me I do it enough for the both of us). Before I published this post he asked me to read it to him because he doesn't want random strangers "knowing crap about me." Haha. When I asked him what he thought, he didn't reply with a mushy-gushy response like, "Oh! Becky! I just love it!" I used to get mad about that, it was an expectation I HAD TO GET OVER because that is simply not Kyle. It was unrealistic. What is real is the respect I have for him as a husband, father, and friend. There's not another man like him.

As I post a few pictures of him (it was really hard to pick and choose) I also can't help thinking that God blessed me with a very good-looking man. Hehe.
One of our first dates together included hanging out at the zoo with family.

Kyle loves me so much he hung out at Disney World ON our first anniversary. I don't think he's overly thrilled about my obsession with Mickey Mouse, especially when I stood in line to get a picture with him (poor Kyle stood in line with me right next to a bunch of 2 year olds). When Mickey kissed my hand I giggled like a little school girl (yes, I know he isn't real, but he's so dang cute!). Kyle just rolled his eyes, smiled, and told me that he was glad I had a good time. I love him.

Whispering sweet nothings...
He's such a good uncle!
He graduated at the top of his class - I was so proud - but what gets me about this picture is his facial expression when he looked at me taking his picture. Ahhhhh... love it.



Just when I thought I couldn't love him any more than I already do, I watch him with our daughter and realize the man I'm honored to call mine is head over heals in love with OUR daughter. He now has two girls wrapped around his finger! Hehe. 

I LOVE his expression in this picture when he felt Brielle moving.

Marley (our other baby) was cold.


He's so gentle.


Another thing I love about Kyle is his love for the outdoors.

And his goofiness.

And that he's active, especially in CrossFit.




He fits into my family well.
His sister kissing him. Awwww. She loves him too.



And then there's this picture that pretty much sums up "The Man Behind My Blog" ...
It's nearly impossible to look at it without crying. If you want to know the story behind it, read Baby B's Birth.

How ironic is it that the state of Nebraska claims this is where you live a "good life" and that because of my man we are doing just that: living the good life. I hope and pray that other bloggers are equally as blessed with their man behind their blog. Check them out and find out for yourself, starting with Suzi at Chores and Chandeliers and Kelsey at Keeping Up With Kelsey.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED IT! I giggled because my boy did the same, annoyed, I dont like this junk crap when I did my questions. But I wrote them down and told him to answer on paper which might have helped otherwise I would have gotten the wise arse comments like you did. Our boys are super similar, over the mushy crap and straight to the point. Men lol Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't think he was impressed. Haha. Oh well, it got through it.

      Delete