Friday, August 16, 2013

Shout Out to "The Cutest Blog on the Block"

I recently had someone ask me "how to blog" and answered with an honest, "um, I really don't know, I'm new to the blogger world."  I gave her the basics and told her I'd give her more once I had a chance to sit down and play around with it a tad. I'm finding that I quite honestly know nothing other than writing and hitting "publish". I've also noticed that many of the blogs I visit have a cute background, with creative headers and I'm all like, "yeah, I don't know how to do that." I knew it was time to learn, so I "Googled" two things I saw on blogs that I liked: "The Cutest Blog on the Block" and "Hot Bliggity Blog" and am I glad I did. Hot Bliggity Blog has adorable backgrounds that are so easy to download and apply, I tried it. (You probably noticed that my blog has been undergo-ing changes lately; it's because I've been playing.) My favorite site was "The Cutest Blog on the Block" because it also included tutorials on how to perfect the little hidden things. I used the How to center blog banner with Template Designer because my header was always off centered. The directions are not only simple, but they give excellent visuals. Now my "yeah, I don't know how to do that..." has turned into "at least I know something about that ...". THANK YOU "The Cutest Blog on the Block!" for making me more familiar with this bloggers world.

Join me in liking her page on Facebook and following her on Pinterest.

4 comments:

  1. I used them when I first started and LOVED their pre-made templates!! I've since then worked myself up into making my own but the coding is terrible and frustrating! If you ever have questions by all means let me know and I'd LOVE to help ya :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took a website class in high school where we had to build a website just using codes, but that was over 10 years ago already! Don't remember a thing. I'm a visual learner who see's something and then wants to mess around. If you have any pointers, I'd love to hear them.

      Delete
  2. I'm definitely gonna check them out!! I use Hot Bliggity Blog but wanna do a little something different, and since they have tutorials that'll help me pub A Lot!!! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it's as helpful for you as it was for me! If you find anything worthwhile, share it!

      Delete