Monday, October 21, 2013

Sunday Social #6

This week's link-up is all about life and what I think about it...

1. What do you value most in life?
When I read this question I immediately thought of my "bug-out" list. (If there was ever an emergency situation that forced my husband and I to leave our home, what would be the first thing I grabbed - not including my daughter and dogs?) My Bible. Still, that doesn't really answer the question because I guess it's not asking what THING do you value most? So to better answer the question I truly believe my relationship with Jesus Christ far exceeds anything else, and the more time I spend in God's Word the closer I become to Him, the closer I am to Him, the closer I am to my husband, my daughter, sisters, friends, family.... what I value most in life is that much more valuable thanks to Jesus Christ and what He did on the cross. It's impossible to know that Story and the change that takes place as a result, without the Bible.

2. What do you think is the greatest invention in your life and why?
My iPhone. Seriously. I have a Bible on it that reads it aloud to me, which I love as I'm washing the dishes or folding laundry. It can play music, which I can listen to while washing the dishes or folding laundry. I get to talk to my sisters every day through Voxer or FaceTime, which is awesome considering one lives clear across the nation and the other in a different country. I have books on it, Facebook, a game or two, calendar reminders (which I desperately need), a place to jot thoughts, a converter which does math for me as I'm cooking and need to know how to convert tspns into fl oz (for example), Pinterest, Bloglovin', fun stuff to entertain my one year old daughter, coupons... seriously... what's not to love?!  

3. What do you think is the secret to a good life?
There are no secrets. This life will be full of good times and bad, the secret is who you rely on to get you through the bad. And when you "get through it" who gets the credit? NO ONE has promised an easy "good" life; but what you do, what you say, and how you react to trials say a lot about your heart.

4. What would you most like to be remembered for when you're gone?
Being passionate. I'm passionate about God and His Word. I'm passionate about being a good wife. I'm passionate about raising godly children. I'm passionate about the relationships in my life. I'm  passionate about teaching. And I'm passionate about sharing it all, good and bad, which is why I write about it here.

On the day that I meet God face to face I want to be able to say, "I did the very best with what you gave me and it was all to glorify You."

5. What accomplishment in your life are you most proud of?
The day GOD opened my eyes and breathed life into me. Before that day I was doomed for hell and although I still deserve hell, God made me a new person to be holy and blameless (Ephesians 1:4) so that I could be in His presence forever in heaven. People from my past probably see the person I am today and either become irritated or doubtful of that change, so here's the absolute truth: it had nothing to do with what I did but what Christ did in me. I'm not who I once was, THANK GOD.

2 comments:

  1. I love these! Thanks for always giving me a place to come to find inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete