Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sunday Social #7 {Halloween Fun}

1. What was your favorite Halloween costume as a kid?
I was not allowed to participate in Halloween as a kid, but I do have wonderful memories of my mom doing all she could to make it a fun time for  us. She'd always make a homemade pinata, tons of goodies to eat, and games to play.

 
2. If you could go back to your childhood and dress up as something, what would it be?

I have always been obsessed with Mickey and Minnie Mouse, so that one's a no brainer. ;)

3. What was your favorite Halloween costume as an adult?
Every year I hosted a Halloween dance for my junior highers and of course I had to dress up! I was their reading teacher and one year dressed up as a book fairy. My skirt was made of pages from a book and my wings were a 3 ring binder. It turned out pretty cute. (I tried finding a picture, but I can't remember ever taking one. Dang it!)
4. What is your favorite Halloween candy?
Candy Corn, but my favorite candy all time is most definitely Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Yum.

5. What is your favorite Halloween memory?
Recently I was reminded of this story, so I had to share it! The college where I attended had an old building on campus that had a sad story in it's history: when it was under construction in the 1800's a little girl was climbing around and fell to her death. The story was published in the college newspaper along with the myth that walking around it a few times and looking in a certain window "brought forth" her spirit and she would appear in that particular window. During this time my best friend and I decided to try it, the building was under construction, muddy, cold, but we walked around it, looked in the window and say nothing. That was disappointing but the memory of doing this with her was anything but disappointing, we had a lot of fun. 

6. What is your favorite scary movie?
I hate scary movies. It never fails, whether or not it's actually scary, I always have horrific dreams about it. Usually I'll dream the same dream for months on end, sooooo no scary movies for this girl!

1 comment: