Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Shout Out to "The No Om Zone"

In college I was part of the Big Sister/Big Brother organization. Once a week I'd visit my "little" during recess at the local elementary school. I loved it, up until the day when three of them jumped on me at a time, resulting in two slipped discs. It was not a fun injury. I struggled carrying my tray in the cafeteria, I struggled getting in and out of bed, I struggled sitting during class, everything was a struggle. My most recent Chiropractor recommend I do something to strengthen the core to prevent further injuries (if you do it once, the likelihood of doing it again and again significantly increases). I saw Chiropractor bills looming in my near future.... I asked a lot of questions and one discussion lead to Yoga. I didn't like the idea of the "ooooommmmm"ing and "mmmmmmm"ing that is usually associated with the sport, so I did my research and found this site: http://go2yas.com/. I fell in love with the description: yoga for athletes. It's stretching and strengthening, exactly what I was looking for: the ins and outs, explanations, and help with my core problem. I received all that and more. When I'm doing CrossFit workouts along with this yoga consistently, I did not visit the chiropractor for 6-12 months at a time and that's usually because I did something stupid, like picking up something heavy with my back instead of my legs. If you have back problems of any sort, trust me, you'll be ever so thankful for the time and effort you put into stretching and strengthening. If you're an athlete of any sort, trust me, you'll be ever so thankful for the time and effort you put into stretching and strengthening. Just ask my hubby Kyle who is active in CrossFit or anyone of my high school tracksters who thought this was a stupid idea at first, until they felt the results: amazing flexibility, strength, and energy.
Check out the video and how you can own your own copy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment