Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sunday Social #11

It's time for Sunday Social, one of my favorite posts of the week!

This week's question is: What am I most thankful for in my blessed life?
  • For my new eternal perspective on life thanks to a near death experience. Before that day I was afraid of dying and my prayer during that time was to help me understand what Jesus taught in Matthew 6:19-24 about "...lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven..." It wasn't until this last week that a dear friend helped me understand that October 1st was God's way of answering that prayer. I can almost imagine God saying, "Okay Becky, you're afraid of dying? I'll bring you to the brink of it." And when I realized that answers to prayers don't always come in neat, comfortable, beautiful packages... I bawled like a baby.
  • For the song "Blessings" by Laura Story and her story behind the song, which forced me to think of my answer to prayer. 
  • For the gospel message and the power behind what Jesus Christ did on the cross. Everyday I rest in the amazing hope I have as a result of that selfless act, without it I am doomed.
  • My ever patient, loving husband who values his family beyond words and does everything in his power to provide and protect us. I am beyond thankful for this man God put in my life.
One of our first dates was to the Omaha Zoo. This was nearly 7 years ago already!
  • The the 14 life-altering months with my daughter Brielle. She is such a blessing to our lives and fills each day with an abundance of love and laughter.
Her newest word is balloon, which she says, "bawoooooooo" -- absolutely adorable!
  • My beautiful little family (dogs included).


  •  For our crazy Quigley who is becoming one of the best dogs I've ever known.




  •  For our Marley Man, our cuddler, "fierce protector" and momma's boy.




  • For my sisters, my best friends, my confidants, my teachers.
  • For my brother who has been by my side my entire life. I will always, always, always love him and our memories of childhood antics.

Pictured here with his beautiful wife Samantha (who should be pictured with me and my sisters) and their new son Braylon.
  • For my friends, who are like family. There are so many of them! God has blessed me with some pretty amazing people.
  • For books. They give me new perspectives, wisdom, new destinations, builds on my own imagination, and offers me hours of enjoyment.
  • For my Bible, it is the only source of unchanging truth in a world full of change and unknown. The more God reveals to me about Himself, the more I cannot wait to spend an eternity with Him.
  • For a warm home, even when our heater breaks on the coldest night of November.
  • For my nieces and nephews I adore and the realization they helped me come to: that I wanted children in my life. I didn't know I could love these little people so much!
I could have thousands and thousands of things to be thankful for and as I look back on my thankful journal I realized that this post could go on forever, so I'll stop at the things that invade my daily life: God's Word, family, and friends. --Such amazing blessings these things.-- Thank you Lord for this amazing life, even during one craptacular week with a daughter who has chicken pox, a dead heater, and a husband who has a massive headache with a corresponding high fever. My poor family. Still, even on these weeks, I can thank God for all he has given us, even for our health and the ability to go to the doctor and the store and get medicine, oatmeal baths, 7 Up, and Tylenol. I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving now, more than ever. We need to surround ourselves with what I'm most thankful for: family and friends and the relaxation we experience with them. Can't. Wait. 

2 comments:

  1. Those are such wonderful things to be thankful for. Glad I stumbled upon your blog through this link up. Your Daughter is adorable. Laura Story has such amazing messages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also stumble across many blogs worthy of following through this link up! I love it. I'm glad you stumbled across mine and thank you on the compliment. I agree, but I'm a biased mother. ;) I have been captivated by Laura Story's message this last week... you're so right... amazing messages.

      Delete