Sunday, January 5, 2014

Sunday Social #17


1. Do you plan to change any of your eating habits in the new year?
Nope. Kyle is so health conscience that it forces me to live the same way, especially since I make the meal plans each month. Our "eating habits" consist mostly of fruits and vegetables. Thanks to Bountiful Baskets we enjoy healthy produce more than ever AND at a decent price.

2. Any workout tips to get us back in shape after the holidays?
My hubby is BIG into CrossFit and I was too before getting pregnant. In fact, I was in the best shape of my life. I love the CrossFit community, the quick intensity of each workout, the variety of the workouts posted, and the active lifestyle it encourages. (Visit http://crossfit.com for the daily posted workouts, or workouts centered around the sport of Football: http://www.crossfitfootball.com or workouts designed for mommy's: http://crossfitmom.com.)

Your muscles will be TIGHT after these workouts so I also recommend Yoga once or twice a week (especially on your rest days), proper stretching is vital. It is the key to success or failure, injury or health, and Yoga forces you to recognize inconsistencies in your muscle strength and also forces you to balance yourself (one side is always tighter than the other). When I did CrossFit and Yoga my back issues virtually disappeared and I felt the best I ever felt. (I really like The No Om Zone). 

3. What is your favorite thing you did over the holidays?
Relax with family, watch movies, eat, snack, read, listen to holiday music, and watch my daughter open presents. 

4. What is something you hope that you accomplish in 2014 that you did not in 2013?
I would like to start working out with my husband again everyday but I just don't know how that will work with having a one year old and the work schedule he keeps. We shall see...

5. Name 3 things happening this year you are excited about and why.
  • Meeting my new niece Abigail. 
  • Working at home as an online adjunct english professor for WNCC this coming spring semester! 
  • The possibility of living in a completed remodel, we are so close to finishing our house! Eeeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment