Sunday, April 20, 2014

Sunday Social #28 [Plus 5 Truths about Jesus]

I haven't participated in a Sunday Social since March. The questions I ignored were about Twitter and since I don't have a Twitter account and have zero intentions of ever getting one, I just skipped that week. (I have enough online distractions: ThredUp, Pinterest, Facebook, Bloglovin'...&etc.) After skipping those questions I simply spaced it the next week. I'm think I'm back on track! This week the questions are all centered around the #5... 


1. 5 songs you'll listen to the rest of your life
We've recently introduced this song at church and I LOVE it.

Read why here.

Read the story behind why I picked this song here.

When this song came out it was an immediate favorite. I love the message behind it: enjoy the little things in life.

My daughter LOVES this song and insists we have a dance party to it everyday.

2. 5 things on your bucket list
  • Visit Italy. 
    Mt. Vesuvius!
  • Visit Jerusalem - I want to see a few places I read about in the Bible. 
  • I'd like to see the giant sequoia tree's in Oregon. 
  • Own a small ranch with my husband including a beautiful log cabin and a porch to rest on after a hard day's work.
  • Someday I'd like to have a renewing our vows service celebrating 25 years of marriage and most importantly how our relationship with Christ mirrors our marriage. We didn't understand the amazing connection when we got married and I want to give glory to Him on that day for all that He's done for us. (Minus the Bridezilla, selfish mistakes I made 5 years ago... sorry to everyone who dealt with me!)
3. 5 celeb you'd love to hang out with for a day
Ugh, I don't really care about "celebs" (there's nothing about their life that appeals to me) so I'll just go with "famous people" (even that was a stretch to find 5), but if I had the choice I'd like to talk to...
Billy & Ruth Graham
Tim McGraw with His wife Faith Hill
I'd like to see Johnny Depp at work. He has this amazing way of making each character he plays come alive with such intensity that I'd like to watch him.

Seriously... can't.think.of.two.more...

Jesus is a famous person... I could count Him as a celeb... right? Besides it's Easter and our focus should be on Him and what He accomplished on the cross anyhooooo... who cares about celebs!

4. 5 things you always carry in your purse
These days it's diapers and wipes! Add my wallet, phone and BIBLE. 

5. 5 books on your reading list
 
All thanks to Melany's review

6. Share the last 5 pictures on your phone
Friday we spent the day on a farm so Bean could see the brand new kitties! I kept asking her, "Want to go play on a Farm?" and she'd respond, "Pay, e-i-e-i-o!" (I've been giggling about that ever since!)
"Hi Kitty!" 
Poor kitty!
"Moooo's!" (aka, cows)
"Kitty. Nice."
(We're teaching her to be nice to books, dogs, eyes,  &etc. so she's always telling me "_____. Nice.")

I hope you have a wonderful Easter Sunday and just for fun here's 5 truths about Jesus that Christians treasure:

  • Jesus became sin on our behalf and endured the wrath of God for those sins (that we deserve). 
  • Jesus called himself the bread of life and that whoever believes in Him will have eternal life, "Truly, truly I say to you, whoever believes has eternal life. I am the bread of life." (John 6: 48) He provides more satisfaction than bread, or water, or anything we need to sustain life. 
  • Jesus did not want to die on the cross and asked, "Father, if you are willing, remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, not my will, but yours be done." As encouragement, God sent Him an angel from heaven to strengthen Him. He was in agony over what He knew He had to do and as He prayed "...his sweat became like great drops of blood falling down to the ground." (Luke 22:42-44) I don't blame Him! The man who deserved to suffer least in this world, suffered the most! AND He did it for the sake of those He loved!
  • During the Jewish passover meal the lamb that was scarified went through a 4 day inspection period to insure it's perfection. Jesus rode on a donkey into Jerusalem on the 10th of the month and on the 14th (after going through an intense "inspection period") He appeared before Pilate who declared, "...I find no guilt in Him." (John 19:6) In other words, He was the perfect sacrifice! He was the sacrifice to end all sacrifices, for all time! (Hebrews 9: 26)
  • The last paragraph of John states, "Now there are also many other things that Jesus did. Were every one of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written." (John 21:25) THAT BLOWS ME AWAY! We have one book and that book doesn't even come close to telling us all that Jesus did! I CAN'T WAIT to spend an eternity learning about all that He accomplished, perhaps we will have a library of books. 

2 comments:

  1. wagon wheel is the best :D although a part of it makes me cry now for some odd reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good it moves you to tears? ;)

      Delete