Sunday, April 27, 2014

Sunday Social #29

Oh the topic of pet peeves. This could become a rambling mess.  


1. What is your biggest driving pet peeve?
Courtesy. Your character traits are typically revealed while driving. Are you easily angered? Are you selfish? (Ahem, pulling out in front of people on the interstate forcing them to slam on your brakes because you can't wait until they go around? OR if you happen to be in the fast lane and there's a person stuck behind a semi and you continue lollygagging instead of speeding up a tad forcing them to stomp on their breaks?) Seriously not difficult to be a courteous driver. I am so glad that while receiving driving lessons from my dad that courtesy is something he taught me, but it's a huge pet peeve when I see selfish drivers roaming the streets like they're the only one's on it.
  
2. What is your biggest blogging pet peeve?
I'm an english/language arts teacher, so take a gander. Here's a fact all college graduates should know: just because I have a degree in it does not make me an expert in it. There's a lot of high school drop outs smarter than me. Plus, I find SO MANY mistakes in my own writing that I can't be too critical. My friend Megan is always correcting my grammar, lol. Sometimes it's the simplest rules that get me all confuzzled and are the easiest to forget. Despite my own stupidity, I shamefully admit it's still a pet peeve...

3. What is your biggest shopping pet peeve?
Too many people! A crowded Walmart isle is zero fun!

4. What is your biggest general pet peeve?
Using random Bible verses for the sake of your agenda. Read the whole book from a GOD CENTERED perspective rather than a, "How does this apply to me?" perspective. I see verses like Jeremiah 29:11 and Phillipians 4:13 taken out of context all.the.time. Then I have to remember that I come from an amazing church who's pastor believes in the importance of teaching word for word, verse by verse, page by page, book by book from the Bible so that we can rightly handle it in our day to day lives. I'm beyond blessed in that aspect. Still, if you don't know the author, audience, purpose and historical context of a book, I'd hesitate using a verse out of it to defend your argument or even apply it in your personal life

There are many incorrect interpretations of the Bible, but there is only one that matters. I want to know GOD'S purpose in revealing what He revealed and I don't want to fail, so I rely on the skills my pastor has taught me, teachers and authors I trust because we share sound doctrine, and the Holy Spirit to open my eyes to HIS Word.  


5. What is your most irrational fear?
Spiders. Big spiders.

No comments:

Post a Comment