Saturday, January 7, 2017

Resolutions.

I do not believe in "New Year's Resolutions" for many reasons. Mostly it is because if I am convicted of something needing changed, well, it needs to happen immediately. I don't want to wait for the New Year to finally say I'm going to buckle down. Still, with all the talk of New Year resolutions it does get me reflecting, is there anything I need to change? Ha. Where do I begin?
I need the art of brevity.
I need to exercise consistently.
I want to be disciplined with my time; stop wasting it.
I want to read and write more.
That includes here. Unfortunately, my blog has taken the back burner in my life. I do not have time to write top ten's and I rarely have time to sit down and formulate the thoughts floating around in my head well enough to share here.

I know that if I want to continue being a blogger, I need to make the effort. Stop wasting my time browsing my Facebook newsfeed or digging through more Pinterest pins. I'm not doing anything of value, even if it's a mere 20 minutes. (That's all it took to write this!)

The list I made in the first paragraph seems daunting when I sit down and think about my day; all my "time." All in all, it boils down to this:
I need to be disciplined.
Purposeful.

With that said, there's a few things that will be changing here. I do not have time for Tuesday's Top Ten and I've debated for so long on how to continue listing - I have so much fun formulating these lists - and I have endless topics with which to write! I also want to share the books I've read, the adorable things my girls are doing, the struggles, the joys, wife-ry, motherhood, discipleship, friendship, what I'm constantly learning... these God-given blessings that mean so much to me... the things that fill me with life and love.

With the New Year I've resolved to either give this whole blogging thing up, or buckle down and share. So although you have not heard from me in a very long time, I'm not wanting to give this up. I hope I haven't lost my readers. Stick with me as I formulate a plan to begin again as a "blogger" with a crazy schedule. 

No comments:

Post a Comment