Thursday, December 12, 2013

These are a Few of My Favorite Things!

I grew up watching The Sound of Music and it has always been a family favorite. One of the songs I sing to my own daughter is These are a Few of My Favorite Things! 
(Sorry for the poor quality of the video.) 

I only watched the tail end of Carrie Underwood's performance and thought that she did well enough, however, the original production can never be beat. That is not a slam against Carrie Underwood, it's just that the 1965 version is a classic and will remain as such (in my eyes at least). 

The Sound of Music will always be on my "These are a few of my favorite things..." list! Including this song that encourages us to think of all our blessings in bad times like, "...when the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad..." and then "... I won't feel so bad!"


Here are a few of my favorite things, that help me when I am sad. Rather than making a list, I decided to write my own version: 



Words on white paper and bling on my finger
Uplifting music and friends who linger
Songs that I cherish and can't help but sing
These are a few of my favorite things

Dressing up fancy and pajama pants too
Cookies and Coffee and baby shoes 
Growing and changing to be like my King
These are a few of my favorite things

Cuddley puppies and crafty wheat beer
Frosty Mugs filled with root beer and cheer
Family love and the laughter they bring
These are a few of my favorite things

When a friend fights
When a word stings
When I'm feeling sad
I'll simply remember my favorite things
And then I won't feel so bad!

Now, it's your turn! Write your own version and share it with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment