Tuesday, April 14, 2015

"Beauty and the Beast" by Jenni James [Book Review]

Beauty and the Beast (Faerie Tale Collection, #1)Beauty and the Beast by Jenni James
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Since watching the ABC series "Once Upon a Time" I've become intrigued with any one of these fairy tales. This book was a free read using my kindle app on the iPad or phone, which is the only reason I decided to read it. I'd give it an "okay" rating. It read quickly and easily enough and is a love story free of sex scenes (or any mention of it at all), which means I'd feel good enough to put it in my junior high classroom library.

Jenni James offers a few of her own twists to this classic tale making this classic story her own. I liked it, but wouldn't call it a literary masterpiece. She definitely could've added a lot more between the conflicts and resolution of those conflicts. Just when events began to unravel for the main characters they were fixed within the next chapter or two. There was not a lot of dramatic, prolonged desperation. Although the ending was easily predictable (I mean it's a "... and they lived happily ever after" fairy tale) the struggles faced by the beauty and the beast were just too quickly and easily settled.

View all my reviews

Interested in reading it for yourself? It's $0 through Amazon! Click on the image below...


Check out one of my top tens where I list 9 other free e-books worth downloading and giving a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment