Thursday, May 31, 2012

Our Little Girl

She has no idea how much we already love her! We saw her for the first time on ultrasound when I was only 13 weeks and 5 days along, and there was no doubt in my mind, from that point on, how much she was going to change our lives.

She was meant to be, a God send. We had one conversation about how God is in control and if he wants us to have children, well, we'd have children. One week later, I felt funny. That's the best I can describe it. Different. Funny. Weird. And we just knew.

I'm not sure whether you'd call that "trying" or "planning on it" or whatever, it was a leap of faith because for some reason we knew that if God wanted it to happen, it'd happen, whether or not we were "trying" or "planning on it" or even if it was an "oops" or even if it took us years. It's all in HIS timing. It all happens because God wants it to happen. That's one fact that rebounds itself over and over again throughout our lives, and this little girl is a reminder of God's sovereignty.

When we saw her moving around and listened to her heartbeat for the first time, all the while crying, praising and thanking God for this life, there was confirmation once again that He is in control! He created a beautiful, baby girl. And there is absolutely, positively, no denying, that after 13 short weeks our baby is in fact, a living, breathing BABY. Praise God!

"For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works,
my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them."
- Psalm 139: 13-16

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it just amazing?!? Wait for all the wonderful things to come-there is nothing to describe the first moment you see that beautiful baby in this world....such a beautiful blessing!!

    ReplyDelete