Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013: A Few BecKyle Highlights!

After spending a couple hours looking back at this year, I feel so blessed with all that God has given us and with how much I have grown in Him. I am not the same person I was a year ago -- my mission is to know Him and to make Him known -- and the more I know Him, the more I change as a result. I'm excited to see what 2014 has in store!

January 2013: Brielle was a whole 4 months old and Marley decided Quigley could stay.

February 2013: This month marked 6 years for Kyle and I!
2007
2013

March 2013: Bean turned 6 months old!

April 2013: Brielle got her first tooth and she went swimming for the first time (she did not enjoy it).

May 2013: We had a family snow day on May Day, celebrated my mom's 50th birthday in Glenwood Springs, CO, and I got spoiled on my first Mother's Day!


June 2013: We enjoyed a dinner theatre production by the community theatre group and won free tickets to their next production! We celebrated Kyle's mom's 50th birthday with a wonderfully relaxing time at their house, enjoying a day in the pool.
A highlight of the year was welcoming little Braylon into our family!

July 2013: We spent the majority of this month praying for my little nephew Braylon who spent quite a bit of time in the hospital with a high fever. We thank God every day that He answered our prayers! I spent a week in Colorado helping my brother and his wife and enjoyed the visit from my sister Mandy and her hubby David. 
My mom scored free VIP tickets to Kool and the Gang and we had a blast! To top of a crazy month Kyle and I celebrated our four year wedding anniversary.

August 2013: Kyle and I enjoyed our first of twelve date nights at the Hiway 92 Raceway

September 2013: Our baby Briella Bean turned 1 and the night before her birthday, she took her first steps, she's been walking (ahem, running) ever since! We shared a birthday party with one very special friend.

October 2013: We took Brielle to a pumpkin patch with Kyle's family and she loved every minute of it! 
It was the month that closed off a summer full of showers, showers, and more showers: A Giraffe and a Half Baby Shower. October was also the month I finished the book A Gospel Primer by Milton Vincent -- it left such an impact on my life that it's one I will always keep close at hand. I went with a friend to a small zoo and Brielle loved the experience, we will definitely visit it again. For Halloween Brielle dressed up as a Love Bug and Minnie Mouse, she was absolutely adorable in her little costumes!

November 2013: My 29th birthday. Ah... my last year in the 20's... besides that, Kyle spoiled the heck out of me by taking me shopping. I came home with new slippers and black boots, this girl was on cloud nine! Another highlight of the year: The day before Thanksgiving my sister Mandy and her hubby added little Abigail into our family! We were so excited! Bean got the chicken pox, poor girl! This was also the month I began a head to head battle with an ugly green monster.

December 2013: And this was the month I was finally able to truly give it to Him and whole heartedly trust in His sovereign plan, which began a new, exciting direction in this blog: encouraging other mommy's by sharing birth stories. December was crazy between more sickness, scary moments (like my sister-in-law and my nephew were in a car accident) and answered prayers, Abigail being admitted into the hospital for a high fever and answered prayers. Despite some hard moments of learning to trust in God, December offered priceless moments with our daughter as we decorated for Christmas day, or watched her thrive from the attention of her family -- grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, or enjoyed the laughter and joy she brings daily.... 

These highlights alone give reason to praise God with all my heart! Thank you Lord for this year and all the years to come....
From our family to yours, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment