Saturday, June 16, 2012

Psalm 18 & 19

Everyday I read a Psalm. God said David was a man after His own heart and to have insight into David's struggles, worship, and prayer time, to me, is an immense blessing. David is a great example on how to pray and how to worship!

After reading Psalm 18 & 19 again, they are fast become two of my favorites.

David was so good at worshiping!

"I love you, O Lord, my strength.
The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,
my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised..." - Psalm 18:1-3

"This God - His way is perfect;
the word of the Lord proves true;
He is a shield for all those who take refuge in Him.
For who is God, but the Lord?
And who is a rock, except our God? -
the God who equipped me with strength and made my way blameless." - Psalm 18:30-32

"The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork." - Psalm 19:1

It's amazing poetry!

"The law of the lord is perfect,
reviving the soul;
the testimony of the Lord is sure,
making wise the simple;
the precepts of the Lord are right,
rejoicing the heart;
the commandment of the Lord is pure,
enlightening the eyes;
the fear of the Lord is clean,
enduring forever;
the rules of the Lord are true,
and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold,
even much fine gold;
sweeter also than honey
and drippings of the honeycomb." - Psalm 19:7-10

David knew how to pray!

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight,
O Lord, my rock and my redeemer." - Psalm19:14

My goal is to worship and pray as David shows us through the Psalms, not just today, but for the rest of my life, growing in my relationship with Jesus Christ. My prayer is the same as David's,

Oh awesome God, you alone deserve the glory!
Let my words and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight.
You are my rock, my strength, my redeemer.
I love you, Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment