Monday, May 27, 2013

Scenic Roots

Kyle and I have had the privilege to listen to "Scenic Roots" perform on two different occasions. Scenic Roots is the name of two musically talented sisters that travel to share their testimony and perform outstanding music using a fiddle, dulcimers, and a banjo.

Taken from their Facebook page, this is their profile picture (taken by Your Treasured Moments Photography).
We own two c.d.'s and enjoy their music and testimony. Last night they came to our church for an evening concert and I was excited to learn that Erin Rogers created a c.d. with a man named Josh Messick called "Honest: Songs of Hope". It is an instrumental c.d. featuring Erin and Josh on dulcimers. I am excited to report that it is awesome!

First let me share what they wrote on the c.d. cover as to why they created this album in the first place, "This album was created out of personal hardship in each of our lives. From this brokenness came the desire to communicate a real and healing message of hope. Honest is two people begging for healing from God, seeking the Truth, and learning that He is faithful no matter the circumstances." Erin shares her story of hardship on the c.d. cover and she shares her personal story in each concert which I've been blessed to hear her tell, but it in her own words, "I received a mountain dulcimer on my seventh birthday, and ten years later became the 2004 National Champion. It was then I knew I would play music for the rest of my life. Not until I was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma in 2007, however, did I begin to fully understand the power of music to soothe the weary soul and heal the heart. Playing dulcimer in the chemotherapy treatment room helped me endure some of the hardest days of my life. That experience continues to influence every note I play." Wow. What a testimony. To give you an idea of how talented these individuals are at playing the dulcimer: Erin was the 2004 National Champion and Josh the 2003 National Champion!

You must check out this c.d. which is available on iTunes.

Also check out Scenic Roots website and like their page on Facebook!

Josh Messick has a website that is worth visiting.

And if you can, get them to visit your church, or your coffee shop, or check out their schedule and make an effort to hear one of their concerts. I promise it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment