Monday, September 17, 2012

Marley Man's Weird Quirk #22, #23, #24, #25...

Back in June I wrote about My Little Marley Man and all his weird quirks: My Little Marley Man. As the days go by, I'm realizing just how weird he actually is and could keep adding on....

Weird Quirk #22: He smells our yawns. If we're holding him, he'll get his nose right into our mouth and smell as we yawn. This is annoying and no matter how many times we tell him no, he continues to do it.

Weird Quirk #23: He has a few favorite spots. One of them is outside, leaning against the garage, right in the sun. It's a prime spot I guess, because you can see everything that's happening and it's warm. I'm not sure he enjoyed it when my little niece Alexi decided to join him one morning though...


Weird Quirk #24: When you gasp and point (even if there's NOTHING there) Marley will frantically look around and begin a "deep" throat growl, or his high pitch bark.

Weird Quirk #25: If I talk to Marley directly, he puts his paws over my mouth almost like he's telling me to "shut up," but if you pay close attention to every thing else you can tell he's absolutely loving every minute of the attention. Such a baby!

Weird Quirk #26: He barks at the rocks we throw in a lake. He kinda wants to go after them, but is a tad leery of the water. So he'll stand up to his belly in the water and bark at the rocks as they skip across the surface.

Weird Quirk #27: He loves to ride in the basket on a bike! He just looks around and takes it all in...

Weird Quirk #28: Any time he encounters a metal drainage cover or the sewage covers during a walk, he either hops over it or walks clear around it. He avoids them at all costs. They're scary.

Weird Quirk #29: He loves to bounce with me on the exercise ball. While very pregnant and ready to pop I sit on it and bounce around, he begs to join me! One time as I held him close and bounced, bounced, bounced, he had a hard time keeping his eyes open!

Weird Quirk #30: His favorite place to hang out is in the nursery. I'll go in there to find him just lounging on the rug, looking around....

Weird Quirk #31: Marley loves anyone who will give him attention and throw his ball. However, there is one person he does not like: the mailman. I don't let him outdoors alone between the times of 10 and 2 because the mailman is a tad afraid of him I think. Especially after the time Marley "went after him" so he threw our mail on our porch and took off, not even turning around to hear me apologize profusely. Still, how can you be afraid of a little dog when after his master yelled at him and he rolled over on his back and pissed himself. Really?!

Weird Quirk #32: When we take Marley for a walk we are diligent about him staying between us, behind us, and his attention needs to be on us. This requires some frustrating consistency, but Marley has two speeds: walking and sprinting. We used to watch the dog whisperer do his thing and found out that dogs need a little tap on the rear occasionally, nothing painful, just a reminder of where their attention should be focused. Well... Kyle and I do that and when we do there are times when Marley literally screams like we just beat the ever living day lights out of him. It's so embarrassing! Geez, he's such a wuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment