Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pregnancy & Labor Funnies

These last few days of waiting have been some of the most trying on my patience. Thankfully, I'm surrounded by people who lighten my mood. I thought I'd share some of these quotes from family and friends, as well as some "funnies" that they shared with me.


I asked a friend to give me some encouragement, as I was losing my mind, and this is part of the advice she gave me: "Enjoy the last days of your who-haw not being on fire."


We invited a couple over for dinner who had a baby a few months ago, the father's advice to Kyle was this, "Labor is an awesome experience, there's nothing like it. And, man, you think you're tough?! Heh. Heh."


Betty White has an amazing quote that I saw on Pinterest that totally relates to this topic! “Why do people say "grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding.”

Pinned Image


I had a friend post these on my facebook wall:
Q. My childbirth instructor says it's not pain I'll feel during labor, but pressure. Is she right?
A. Yes, in the same way that a tornado might be called an air current.

Q. When will my baby move?
A. With any luck, right after he finishes high school.

Q.Since I became pregnant, my breasts, rear-end, and even my feet have grown. Is there anything that gets smaller during pregnancy?
A. Yes, your bladder.

Q. What's the difference between a nine-month pregnant woman and a model?
A. Nothing, if the pregnant woman's husband knows what's good for him.


Conversation with my sister one afternoon:
Me: I have so many projects I could do, but I'm waiting on another project to get done. I feel like I'm waiting for everything right now!
Sister: Yup, waiting, waiting, waiting. You wait 40 weeks for baby and 18 years to sleep again!


And I'll end with....

No comments:

Post a Comment