Monday, September 3, 2012

The Nursery is READY!

"THE NURSERY IS READY!"
Those are heavenly words to every nesting mother's ears during her final month of pregnancy! I'm down to 11 days until my due date, but hoping it could happen any time before September 14th. If she arrives, we'll be ready. The rest of the house, however, not so much. Both bathrooms are in shambles and a house under construction is never truly clean. I have to say, "Oh well" out loud about a 100 times to get it through my head that it's really OK and that she'll survive in this mess. The nursery is really the only room in the house that's good to go. The rest of the house is either being used as storage for bathroom or office items or is loaded down with construction tools. So her nursery is the place to hang out.

If I lost Marley or Kyle, that's the first place I check. Kyle periodically goes in there and sorts through clothing, refolding blankets, making sure her crib is nice and sturdy, I love those moments when I "catch" him doing things like that. Marley will go in there just to lay on the rug, and occasionally he'll bring a toy. I go in there to rock in the glider and dream about the sleepy nights I'll spend in it rocking my baby girl. It's a CUTE room, so who wouldn't want to hang out in there? :)

I had so much fun putting it together and can't wait to share....

What was my inspiration? Mickey and Minnie Mouse ears. Their round, cute, and between Minnie's is a big (usually polka dotted) bow.

Let me give you a picture tour...
We call her Baby B. to all our family and friends, because yes, her name starts with a B and it keeps me from giving it away prematurely. On her door is a cute little wreath and the first thing you see is the crib....
The crib...
The changing table...
The view from the door...
I think she'll be good to go on book choices... :) I wouldn't expect anything less from a reading teacher, lol.
Her dresser is even loaded down with books.
Her closet is full of diapers and clothing up to the age of 24 months!

I LOVE the way it turned out. Unfortunately, I don't think the pictures do it justice. I'm just ready for her to fill it, because then and only then will the nursery truly be complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment