Friday, July 26, 2013

Kool & the Gang Concert

My mom scored VIP tickets to the Kool & the Gang concert at the Winter Park Jazz Festival (one of the perks of working for the town of Winter Park). We had NO ONE in front of us and being right in front of the stage is an awesome experience. It was one of the best concerts I've been too. The music was great, but perhaps it was the company?
Me, Aunt Marie, Mandy, Mom
Mom literally lives across the street from the stage, so it was an easy trek there.
Especially since mom decided to double fist it...
Haha, we didn't get too crazy, but we had a lot of fun dancing and singing along!

Just to give you an idea of how awesome our VIP tickets were, we ended up...
RIGHT THERE!
So close we could touch him...

They had an incredible instrumental band... saxophone, trumpet, trombone, piano, drums, guitar... I was impressed and totally caught off guard; I was expecting more pop than jazz.



This is one of my favorite pictures...
All in all it was a lot of fun. We couldn't stop talking about it with what voice we had left! If you enjoy jazz music and a little bit of oldies, I'd definitely recommend going to see a Kool & the Gang concert if they're ever in your area. There's some AMAZING talent worth dancing along too. Plus they are pretty good about involving the crowd, oh my we had so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment