Saturday, August 18, 2012

Homemade Granola

One of my favorite breakfast meals (and mid-afternoon snack) is cereal. I realized that was one area in our groceries where we were spending gobs of money because it costs three to five whole buck-a-roo's for one box and we went through a box a week. PLUS, they're loaded down with sugar and sodium. In order to solve that problem I began looking up granola recipe's and tweaked here and there to make it my own so I knew exactly what we were eating and saving money, all the while satisfying my cereal fix!

I thought I'd share...

Homemade Granola
3 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1/3 Cup Honey
3 Cups Oats
1 Cup Nuts (Your choice, I've used almonds, pecans and walnuts and they're all yummy.)
Cinnamon to taste
  • Melt Butter, brown sugar and honey in a medium pot.
  • Once melted add the oats and nuts, stir until well coated.
  • Cinnamon to taste.
  • Set oven at 350, bake 8-10 minutes. Oats will be a tad brown on top.
  • Let it cool completely before putting it in a container, this also allows it to crisp nicely.
Eat with milk and fruit or with your yogurt. (I like banana's or blueberries... craisins are nice as well and so are chocolate chips. :) There are so many options!)
It's so easy, so quick, and so yummy! Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment