Thursday, December 27, 2012

8-14 Weeks & MORE Firsts!

Time flies.

Everyone told me it would and I believed them, but I cannot believe that my Baby Girl is already 14 weeks old. She's getting so big and doing so much! I'm soaking it all up, enjoying every last cuddle time, because I know it won't last.

I absolutely love being a mommy! Even when she keeps me up late, wakes me up early, or spits up all over me. I'm loving every minute of it.

A dear friend gave me a baby calendar and I'm so thankful to have it. I keep a pen attached to it using it to write down her firsts and in the blank spaces I write, "This month you...." I'm realizing that I'm forgetting little things ALREADY. So this helps me to remember things I don't ever want to forget.

During the month of November she...
  • ... discovered her knuckles. She loves to suck on them. In fact, she sucks on them so vigorously that she gags herself occasionally.
  • ... began to smile directly at mommy and daddy, melting our hearts.
  • ... experienced her first Thanksgiving at Grandma and Grandpa's house. She loved the attention from Aunt Sydnie and Grandma Tammy, who "fought" over who was going to change her diaper, or hold her, or cuddle with her as she caught some zzzzz's....
  • ... weighed in at a whopping 10 lbs 10 oz. and measured 20" in length. She's still so tiny! In the lower percentile for her age. She's definitely taking after her mommy here.
During the month of December she...
  • ... began to squeal when she's excited! So absolutely adorable.
  • ... coo's along when I sing to her. I showed Poppy during FaceTime one afternoon, he seemed so proud.
  • ... grabs things - anything - blankets, clothing, hair, jewelry, etc. and guess what she does with it? Yup. Instantly brings it to her mouth.
  • ... was already pushing herself from her tummy to her back at 11 weeks!
  • ... turned 12 weeks the week of 12-12-12! Cool!
  • ... giggled for the first time on Christmas Eve. Such a wonderful present! It was the highlight of the holiday. Melted my heart ten times over.
Of course, I took a few pictures and captured a few moments on video these last few weeks....

She always has that silly tongue out!
One of my absolute favorites.

Another one of my favorites...

Always has those hands in her face...
Always in motion.

Such chubby cheeks!

Like I said, always in motion!
Again with the tongue...
Look at that chunky monkey!
Marley cuddled up next to her - all by himself! Now he'll go and check on her after every noise she makes, it's so cute!
Quigley puts his head on her lap when their in the vehicle and stares at her face. She loves it!
She loves to sit up with the help of her boppy pillow and take in her surroundings. Watching the dogs is a favorite...
Sleeping beauty....
When we were at grandma and grandpa's house we watched daddy ride their horse. She was fascinated with all the barnyard animals, and was as sung as a bug in a rug and fell fast asleep!
Her tights were so big on her! I do not understand why they make 0-9 month tights with the weight range of 5-18 pounds. Could you imagine a 5 lb baby in these?! LOL
Cousin Alexi LOVED holding her!
Christmas dress from Grandma!
Cousin Alexi was dressed to match. So Cute!

Ho! Ho! Ho! Merry Christmas!

Kyle started calling her Briella Bean after her first few weeks of life, then one day out of the blue he asked her a question and ended it with, "Huh? Bean Dip?" Now that one has stuck as well! Poor thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment