Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Tuesday's Top Ten Plus Ten [Movie Quotes]

I really had to think about this one and watch some of my favorite movies to remember these awesome quotes. It was a fun one to put together.

1. One of the best scenes ever is made that much better with an awesome quote, "Nobody puts Baby in the corner." - in Dirty Dancing



2. Princess Bride has some pretty phenomenally hilarious quotes, but this scene is one of my favorites: 

Inigo Montoya: That Vizzini, he can fuss
Fezzik: Fuss, fuss… I think he like to scream at us
Inigo Montoya: Probably he means no harm
Fezzik: He’s really very short on charm
Inigo Montoya: You have a great gift for rhyme. 
Fezzik: Yes, yes, some of the time. 
Vizzini: Enough of that. 
Inigo Montoya: Fezzik, are there rocks ahead? 
Fezzik: If there are, we all be dead. 
Vizzini: No more rhymes now, I mean it. 
Fezzik: Anybody want a peanut?


3. Dumb and Dumber is pretty dumb, with some of the dumbest quotes in existence. Which may be why I find it so funny, especially the following quote, "Just when I think you couldn't get any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!"  


4. From a lovely romance movie comes this wisdom from Grandpa, "What we think they feel. Women are creatures of the heart." - in A Walk in the Clouds


5. "These mashed potatoes are so creamy!" is a quote my family knows well all because of this hilarious scene from While You Were Sleeping. 


6. "Yay! I'm a llama again! ... wait... "  from the movie Emperor's New Groove. It's a pretty hilarious scene.

7. Sully's realization in Monsters, Inc. that "... laughter is ten times more powerful than screaming." This is my daughters favorite movie right now so I hear it often.

8. The Proposal is one of my favorite movies. How could you not love it with quotes like Andrew's proposal, "Three days ago, I loathed you. I used to dream about you getting hit by a cab. Then we had our little adventure up in Alaska and things started to change. Things changed when we kissed. And when you told me about your tattoo. Even when you checked me out when we were naked. But I didn't realize any of this, until I was standing alone. In a barn. Wifeless. Now, you could imagine my disappointment when it suddenly dawned on me that the woman I love is about to be kicked out of the country. So Margaret, marry me, because I'd like to date you.

9. Captain Jack Sparrow has so many great quotes like, "BUT why is the rum gone?" and his reply to Will Turner's statement, "This is either madness or brilliance." "It's remarkable how often those coincide." and "Now where is that monkey? I want to shoot something!" and "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." and "The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."

After that I technically gave you more than 10 quotes so I guess we'll stop there! Don't forget about Melany!

No comments:

Post a Comment