Friday, August 14, 2015

My Alarm

I have an alarm that goes off bright and early every morning. The time ranges between 5 am and 8 am and there is no snooze button. In fact, there are rare times the alarm randomly goes off in the middle of the night, multiple times a night. She demands to be fed, changed, and sometimes she spews all over me. My little alarm also smiles at me when I greet her by name, totally capturing my heart. Totally making up for the missing snooze button, spewing all over me, the dirty diaper, the demands... 

Did I mention I have 2? 

The second, however, demands princess movies, offers no volume control as she sings, "Let It Go" at the top of her lungs, and requests that you refer to her as "Elsa-Brielle" most days. She even asks that I fix her hair like her favorite princess of the day: Cinderella hair, Elsa hair, or Anna hair (she has "two ones", and by ones she means braids). She always requires juice and I typically catch her sneaking a sip or two of my coffee. Before any of this, however, she begins her day by picking one of her princess dresses to wear. Once she's garbed, she demands her movie, juice, hair-do and through sleepy eyes asks, "Mommy, hold you?" The heart melting cuddles that follow her asking totally make up for the zero volume control, the name change, the demands...

My little alarms exhaust me, challenge me, love on me, make me laugh, weep, or scream and I love them more than life itself. God has given me 2 very precious alarms.

No comments:

Post a Comment