Saturday, September 21, 2013

Birthday Party for Two Special One Year Olds!

Addi and Brielle have a unique story. One of my friends, who I've known for six years now (we taught together and we go to the same church) was due six days after me. However, she went six days early and had Addi on my due date and I went six days late and had Brielle on her due date. What a story to share, huh? (I joke that I was mad at Erin that day.) That story will forever bond our families together. We only found it natural to share a birthday party, especially since we have the same friends.

It ended up being a lot of fun. It was pretty low-key and I think the two birthday girls had a blast. (They were both wore out afterwards so I'll take that as a good sign.)
Birthday Girls!
We blew up balloons because those are always a success at any party.
Addi's favorite food is cheese and Brielle's favorite food is crackers of any sort (ca-ca-ca) so we had to have cheese and crackers on the menu!
Erin made this DIVINE apple, pecan cheese cake (pictured bottom right)... I need to get the recipe! Yum!
Brielle's nursery is decked out in Minnie Mouse, so I couldn't resist making these adorable cupcakes. Brielle and Addi seemed to love them...

Look at that chipmunk!

Paper and all...

Addi dug right in...

Trying to share with mommy! I had chocolate cake ALL over my phone! Haha.
They played for a while before we opened presents (we were waiting for the guys to join us during half time of the Nebraska game.)
Brielle didn't seem to understand or care that much about digging in and seeing what was inside. Once it was out, however, she loved it.

Kyle and I noticed that wherever we go she makes a beeline for anything with wheels and goes around the room pushing it. That's immediately what she did when she opened her pink convertible!
By the end of the afternoon both girls had had enough....
"It's my party and I'll cry if I want to! Cry if I want to! Cry if I want to!"
All in all, Erin and I were glad we decided to plan a party together. The girls had fun and ate a lot of cupcakes, cheese and crackers. Aaaaand the boys were happy because Nebraska won. ;)

Both of us can't believe how fast this year has gone and I'm sure that next year at this time we'll be saying the same thing. These two girls are an amazing blessing. I love them both.

No comments:

Post a Comment