Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Tuesday's Top Ten [Random Things You May Not Know About Me]

1. I have an obsession with sticky notes. Just ask my former students. I use them to take notes, as a bookmark, reminder, etc. etc. They come in all sorts of fun shapes and sizes - the possibilities are endless. I have to ignore the "home office" section in any dollar store and resist the urge to "stock up" because, quite frankly, I have more than enough.

2. I don't like to throw things away. I see potential in every little bitty piece of trash. Unfortunately, there just isn't enough hours in the day to complete all the projects that I have in mind, so this is something I have to force myself to do because I also hate clutter.

3. I hate talking on the phone. I like face to face interaction much, much more (Facetime on my iPhone has been awesome!). I'm starting to like it less and less because I don't get service in my house and my daughter wants to eat it every time I'm on it. Besides, talking to a mom on the phone is like talking to someone suffering with tourettes. "Did you hear the latest from... No! Don't eat that! ... What was I saying? Oh, yeah, the latest on... NO! ... Hold on... I forgot what we were talking about, sorry!" I find it annoying and it's starting to become my life, not only because my daughter wants to play with electrical cords and the dog's water dish, but also because most of the women in my life are busy moms. That's why I love texting and social networking; much less stressful.

4. I am a terrible speller. Yes, I do have a degree in English Language Arts, but that does not make me an expert in it.

5. I pick a restaurant based on it's bread. It's my fav.

6. I have lotion in almost every room in my house. I'm addicted.

7. I've wanted a pet mouse for as long as I can remember. My mom wouldn't let me have one and now my hubby says, "NO WAY!" Dang. IT!

8. I still hold a grudge against Suzanne Collins for ending "Gregor the Overlander" the way she did. UGH!

9. I love shoes but would rather be barefoot. Yeah, that's quite the dillema.

10. I'd rather be outside pulling weeds than inside watching TV. However, I have enjoyed watching "Hell on Wheels," "Duck Dynasty," and "Once Upon a Time" with my hubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment