Friday, September 12, 2014

Seasonal Decor [From Summer to Fall]

Fall is my favorite season. I love everything about it - from the pumpkin patch, to the changing leaves, to pumpkin lattes, to burning candles, to boots and scarves. There's so much to be thankful for this time of year. Fall is a tremendous reminder to be thankful in all circumstances, because I have so much for which to be grateful. One is the godsend to liberate a hobby: decorating. I have a separate tub for spring, summer, fall, Christmas, and Valentine decor (and I'm sure I'll be sharing each as the seasons change).

How spoiled am I? I certainly do not need these trivial things and if it came down to it, where God was calling us to a place where these things could not go with, I wouldn't be heartbroken. Still, I enjoy the task of making our home beautiful for each of my favored occasions. It's festive, charming and homey. God has blessed me with the means to decorate with the changing seasons and I thoroughly enjoy it.

Here's a few of my favorite things from summer to fall...
Door decor.
See how I made this here.
The living room set up is different from summer to fall due to plug ins. It's nice because rearranging forces me to clean every nook and cranny. Also, summer is open and the fall set up is more cozy. 
My main color scheme is a pale yellow and red with brown, black and white accents.  With each season comes a new color, with the summer comes splashes of blue.




With fall comes splashes of orange.

Made from scrap wood left over from our backyard fence. 
Living room set up.









My scarecrows guarding my mint plant.  

I love getting out my fall decor, it's the much needed change I crave and a time to be extra thankful. The next decor I'll share is Christmas, which is only 16 Friday's away!

No comments:

Post a Comment