Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Tuesday's Top Ten Plus Ten [These Are a Few of My Favorite Things]

Nearly a year ago I wrote my own version of the Sound of Music's song These Are a Few of My Favorite Things after watching Carrie Underwood's performance of this popular play. 

Words on white paper and bling on my finger
Uplifting music and friends who linger
Songs that I cherish and can't help but sing
These are a few of my favorite things

Dressing up fancy and pajama pants too
Cookies and Coffee and baby shoes 
Growing and changing to be like my King
These are a few of my favorite things

Cuddley puppies and crafty wheat beer
Frosty Mugs filled with root beer and cheer
Family love and the laughter they bring
These are a few of my favorite things

When a friend fights
When a word stings
When I'm feeling sad
I'll simply remember my favorite things
And then I won't feel so bad!

Perhaps it was this post that inspired Melany and I added it to our top ten topics or perhaps it was the fact that this classic made it back into homes all over America, whatever the reason, it's just for fun.

Without further ado, here's a few of my favorite things:

1. Changing Seasons. I love all the newness that comes about with each season. Spring brings life = green, bright flowers, warmer weather... Summer encourages outdoor fun... Fall is nothing short of beautiful with the colorful leaves, cooling weather bringing some relief, pumpkins... Winter offers snow much fun... I love it all. 

2. Bible. I never leave home without it. It's my go-to when advice is needed, when I need something to do, when I need encouragement, a reminder, and I never want to miss an opportunity to present the gospel according to Scripture. How do you know without a shadow of a doubt whether or not you'll go to heaven when you die? I'll show you, according to Scripture.

3. Candles. They smell wonderful and bring a sense of warmth.

4. Drinks. Tea. Coffee. Beer. Wine. Gin and Tonic. Mojito. Bloody Mary. A&W Rootbeer. How do I pick a favorite?!

5. Music. It can uplift me, motivate me, remind me of Biblical truths, focus my mind on GOD, make me laugh, cry, reminisce...

6. Naps. I need sleep. Plus naps include cuddling (either with Marley Man, Briella Bean, or my wonderful hubby - or all 3) and blankets. What's napping (or relaxing for that matter) without a blanket?!

7. Books. I'm a nerd. (Oh! I love children's books the mostest.)

8. Scarves. The perfect accessory for any occasion. 

9. A Clean Home. This isn't the norm for my home, so when it is spit spot (for those whole 5 seconds) I love it.

10. Creating. Whether it's writing or a DIY project, I feel humbled with the God-given ability to create something out of nothing. 

It's the little things God has blessed me with that make life worth living and these are a few of those little things. Don't forget to check out Melany's!

No comments:

Post a Comment