Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The Lone Pea Plant vs. Crazy Quigley

If you haven't figured it out from my post a long, long time ago that Quigley is crazy, well, just know that stories involving this sweet, HUGE, goober of a dog will always be interesting.

To our everlasting frustration Quigley is a digger. If he has something that he likes, his way of keeping it is by burying it, thus it is hidden in his mind. I'll find random rawhides, for example, "hidden" (or "buried") in corners and couch cushions throughout the house. Welllllll, I made the mistake of putting my little potted garden by the hose in the backyard.

He dug in my peas.

We decided to smooth out the dirt and just wait. If I didn't have peas, I'd replant them. To my surprise they survived (they're a jumbled mess, but I'm not going to complain! It's an easy fix.).

This weekend my father came up to visit us and as we're BEEEEELAXIN (what my 3 year old nephew Gary calls relaxing) on the back porch, Poppy looks over and hmmmm's... "that looks like a pea plant!"

And lo and behold, in one of Quigley's holes, there's a lone pea plant in our backyard. We laughed about this for a while.


I decided to keep this lone pea plant there as a reminder of this crazy dog, who can irritate the fire out of me, and yet bring so much joy and laughter into our home and is most definitely teaching me a valuable lesson in patience.


I was trying to get a picture with him and Brielle but he was only interested in giving me kisses or sitting in my lap (we haven't told him that he's not Marley sized and we haven't told Marley, who's a miniature rat terrier, that he's not Quigley sized. Oi.)

No comments:

Post a Comment