Wednesday, July 9, 2014

First Annual Ladies High Tea

As I said in my last post I'm a tad behind. One of my friends came up with the idea to spoil ladies in our church by hosting a high tea event. We went all out and I've been saying for months that I was going to blog about it (and it happened back in May) and I'm JUST now getting to it.

There were quite a few women in our church who hopped on board to help, and when we put all our talents together we hosted quite the event. I can't wait for next year already, "hmmmm, what will I wear?"

We encouraged ladies to go all out, pick an era and find attire they would've worn to a high tea event (hats, boa's, pearls, gloves... highly encouraged). It was so fun dressing up and finding outfits, decorating, and enjoying one another's company. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did!

Punchbowl card.


Our purpose in this party? To celebrate the beauty of our femininity and glorify God. That's an amazing start to a beautiful event, and it fueled the fire in our preparation to bless the women in our church and community.

We spent a few hours each day for a month gathering materials and getting ready to decorate. Come the Thursday before the big event we were all amped up and ready to get started. Here's the final result of our hard work:
At each table we had a picture of tea times of the past, and the ladies were encouraged to mingle and guess the dates. The one who had the most right, won a prize.

The food. OH, the food. I gorged.


We had a suitcase full of homemade Fascinator hats (I was inspired by Kate Middleton), pearls, and next year I think I'll throw in boa's. I know I'll make a few more hats and I'll probably blog on the "how to" (all ya need is a hot glue gun, head band, a piece of cardboard, various bows, flowers and misc. and -most importantly- some inspiration). 

I was beyond thrilled that women actually decided to wear them! Doesn't this one look great on her?

Books and tea cups/saucers were our central decor item.

A guest book to keep track of the guests that attend from year to year.
Take a peak at some of our lovely ladies, all decked out in high tea apparel. 


I just LOVE the princess dress and crown. Perfect.

Bean with her feather fascinator, long pearls, and 20's inspired dress. This is the only picture I could capture of her adorable outfit, she was busy, busy, busy.








Lastly, Miss Melany hosted a little ladies high tea party and the girls LOVED every minute of it.


For the little littles. 

They got to decorate their own tea cup, color on tea party coloring books, listen to tea party stories, play dress up and much, much more. It was all so cute! All the ladies peaked in the window intermittently throughout our own party - just to see the fun unfold.




All in all it was an incredible time! Here's to next year ladies! Who wants to join us?

No comments:

Post a Comment