Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Tuesday's Top Ten Plus Ten [9 Truths & a Lie]

Melany and I decided to do something a tad different this time around. We're going to tell you a bit about ourselves, BUT there's one thing that isn't true. See if you can guess our lie (I've given some hints here and there...).
1. Growing up dreaming about a profession, I fantasized of being a professional singer. Haha, anyone who has ever heard me sing knows how unrealistic this dream really was.

2. My senior year of high school I debated on whether to become an interior designer or a teacher. Two very different professions, but I'm glad I chose the later.

3. When I began playing basketball in the 5th grade I was bound and determined to play for the Jayhawks, but that dream was never realistic either considering my clumsiness and the fact that I only grew to a whole 5'4" short. Plus I never had the work ethic during the off season, which plays a major role in any athletes success or failure.

4. Cooking or baking is one of my favorite pastimes. There's always a wholesome and yummy treat made by yours truly to enjoy at any moment of time. My house always smells so delightful as a result.

5. Up until the last 10 years my favorite book genre was historical fiction. In high school it was all I wanted to read. Now-a-days I love 'em all - science fiction, historical fiction, non-fiction, classics, children's books, mystery &etc. I am not book biased. Check out my Reading & Writing page if you want to check the validity of this particular statement.

6. It wasn't until the first day of marriage counseling with my husband, where he became a believer and I reaffirmed my life for Christ, that I was even interested in anything "GOD". Before that day I was ashamed to discuss Jesus Christ and had no interest what-so-ever to live my life for Him. As a child I accepted Jesus as my Savior but when high school rolled around I rejected Him and anything to do with Him (that continued through college and a few years following graduation from Doane). Thank goodness for the change in me as a result of the work Jesus accomplished on the cross and the continued work in me as a result of discipleship and time in His Word! I am not who I once was - thank GOD.

7. The name BecKyle was a result of my sister-in-law's genius. Don't believe me? Check the truth behind that statement here.

8. I have lived in 5 different states, graduating from high school in Colorado, right in the middle of a thriving ski community. However, I've never been skiing.

9. Two years ago this month I nearly lost my life and am a different person as a result of that day. It wasn't until days later that I truly understood how close I was to death, but God used that day to transform my thinking and purpose in life. Now my question to any trials and tribulations that come my way is quite simply, How is God using this to draw me closer to Him

10. We are adding to our family come April 2015! Considering my previous birth story and the events following it, we were a tad nervous to take this leap of faith, but also very excited. I'll be writing about that more later (or will I?).

And one more just to add to the confusion... I've been playing the clarinet for 14 some odd years. I played in the pep and concert bands all throughout high school and college. It was a gift from my grandparents and it was well used. It's a smidge dusty these days, but I'll get it out occasionally. It's just like riding a bike, you don't really forget.

Stay tuned next week because I'll tell you which one isn't entirely true and don't forget to check out Melany's list as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment