Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Tuesday's Top Ten Plus Ten [Creative Costumes]

I'm a big fan of playing dress up. I love any excuse to wear a costume. Perhaps it's because of my college days where we had multiple themed parties throughout the year. Part of the fun was scouring local thrift stores to create the ideal costume. Now-a-days I thoroughly enjoy Halloween where I get to dress up along with my two year old. Last year my little Bean was an adorable little love bug. 
This year I'm debating between two of her favorite songs: an itsy-bitsy spider or a monkey (she LOVES the rhyme Monkey's Jumping on the Bed and Curious George). Even as I write this I'm debating between the two. 

For myself I'm debating between a couple's costume or a grammar police outfit. Kyle really likes the idea of being Flo and Mayhem...
 ... but this is so me...
... and if I showed up to our church's youth group (where my husband and I help out every Wednesday night) Halloween party dressed like that my kids would either get a kick out of it or roll their eyes at the truth behind it (or both). 

I've already mentioned three creative costumes! Love Bug, Flo and Mayhem, and Grammar Police so onto #4....

4. As a teacher I'd host Halloween dances for my junior highers, giving them something to do; of course, they weren't allowed entry without costumes, including myself. One year I dressed up as a book fairy, which I thought was fitting for a reading teacher.
Unfortunately I didn't take pictures of me in the costume, but this picture was my inspiration. 

5. I love this creative couple's costume idea!

6. And this one too, especially since my husband hunts deer every year... it's so fitting...
By the way, I wouldn't be caught dead in a t-shirt and see through tights (check out our top ten reasons why TIGHTS ARE NOT PANTS) so I'd come up with something a tad less revealing. Halloween should NOT be an excuse for women to dress provocatively. You can be creative, sexy, and fully clothed.

7. Someday I'd like to pull of this witch skirt...
... with these shoes...

8. I don't know how this was done, but it.is.awesome. and grotesque. I like it.

9. I don't know if I could ever get my husband to do this with me, but how awesome is this?

10. And just for the sake of absolute adorableness: Raggedy Ann. I debated on this costume when Bean was one because she is now the owner of my Raggedy Ann doll from when I was her age, but I just couldn't make it happen.

If you want a few more creative costume ideas there's two more places you can check out: my Dress Up Fun! Pinterest board and Melany's top ten. Both will inspire you this Halloween season, I'm sure of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment