Friday, October 18, 2013

Georgiana Darcy's Diary Book Review

Georgiana Darcy's Diary: Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice Continued (Pride and Prejudice Chronicles, #1)Georgiana Darcy's Diary: Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice Continued by Anna Elliott
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Meh. Okay. Shrug-your-shoulders either way. That's exactly how I felt about it from diary entry number two (ish) when I knew exactly how the book was going to end. Mystery is not Elliot's strong suit, perhaps she did this on purpose, but events she seemingly tried to keep hidden from her readers were made painfully obvious very early. I also felt like the author unsuccessfully tried too hard to copy the linguistic style of "Pride and Prejudice". I do love her idea of expanding the story of each character from this all time classic, I give her kudos for that at least. Despite how I felt about this book, I did put #2 on my wish list because the description intrigued me. We shall see.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment