Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Tuesday's Top Ten Plus Ten [Fashion Statements I Wish Never Went Out of Style]

Our last top ten topic was about those Fashion Statements We Avoid and why. This next topic corresponds nicely!

Everyone has those items they just can't throw out. Some of mine may be a tad weird but I'll never get rid of the following items, and truth be told, I'll probably add to it over the years...
Before checking out my list, hop on over to Melany's!

1. Gaucho Pants. I love these things. They're comfy and can be dressed up or down. I've kept mine and continue to wear them irregardless of what the fashion world says about them.
 
2. Hats. I'm not talking cowboy hats or baseball caps (although they're both great) I'm talking hats like this that were fashionable in the 50's...
 
or the bubble cloche from the 20's...
 
Just look at all those fantastic dresses topped with wonderful hats!
Or fascinator hats often adorned by Kate Middleton...
 

Going to the Kentucky Derby is on my bucket list, mainly because I want to have an excuse to dress up and where a giant, beautiful HAT (not to mention the horses and the mint juleps). I have a few hats I've purchased from antique shops (hoping for many excuses to wear them).

3. Full coverage Swimwear. I don't like feeling like I'm wearing my bra and underwear on the beach. I'm no longer comfortable in string bikini's (I'm not entirely convinced I ever really was). Thankfully vintage swimsuits are coming back in style, but you pay an arm and a leg to own it. Can you imagine the beach if we all wore swimsuits such as this, with fashionable, lovely hats? Fun!
 

4. Floral Print. I've kept two dresses from high school that are floral print (don't ask how many years ago that was already, it's a marvel I still fit in them). I don't like the big, tacky flowers - I'm talking about elegant and soft... like the following outfits...
 
 
I'm excited to see floral prints are coming back in style.

5. Ruffles. I've always liked ruffles. My sisters think I'm crazy to like outfits such as these...




The next 5 are things I hope never go out of style and are items I've had in my closet for as long as I can remember because I love the look. I'm excited to see that many of these items are coming back! Once they do go out of style again, oh well, they'll remain...

6. Aviator Sunglasses. They are the only kind of sunglasses I like. Everything else just looks weird on me...



7. Scarves. I could wear these everyday. They're stylish and warm.

8. Lace. It's elegant and vintage.

9. Button Ups. Will the cowgirl look ever really go out of style? One of my favorite, favorite shirts (and Kyle's as well) is a button up with lace. Love it.

10. Polka Dots and Stripes. I like Mickey and Minnie Mouse, sooooo it's hard not to like those polka-dots (or cocoa dots as my Briella Bean calls them).
And yes, I own a skirt just like this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment