Friday, June 14, 2013

The Fly Dance

I had to take a break from painting and various chores to share with you my irritation with our fly population. They're out of control! We always buy this fly catcher thingy and it works great, but it still doesn't make all the flies disappear. I can only imagine how bad they'd be if we didn't have it...

BEWARE!
The picture shows a disgusting amount of dead, stinky, maggot swarming amount of flies...
Yes... it needs to be cleaned out. Any takers?
The problem is that I'm doing projects outside like watering my flowers, or weeding, or painting trim or hanging laundry and every time I stand there doing one of these projects I do what I've now referred to as "the fly dance" and it goes something like this (I'm not sure if there's a tune, it's just how I picture myself "dancing" away the flies)...

----------

Shake your right leg here...
Shake your left leg there...
Shake your right leg in the air...
Stomp your feet and yell if you dare!

Swipe your face here...
Swipe your arm there..
Swipe your ear too..
Swipe at your hair do!

Shake, Shake, Shake...
Shake your arms...
Shake your elbows...
Swipe, Swipe, Swipe!

Shake your right leg here...
Shake your left leg there...
Shake your knees all about...
Stomp your feet and try not to pout!

Wiggle your toes...
Wiggle your nose...
Wiggle your fingers too...
Do what you gotta do!

Shake, Shake, Shake...
Shake, Shake, Shake...
Shake your booty...
Shake your booty...

----------

Yup, the fly dance rhyme is ridiculous! And I'm sure that's how I look - ridiculous! Stupid flies.

No comments:

Post a Comment