Tuesday, June 25, 2013

"Healthy" No Bake Cookies

My favorite combination is Peanut Butter and Chocolate. Perhaps it's a trait passed down from my grandpa who eats PB with EVERYTHING (not kidding). My favorite candy bar is Reese's and my favorite cookie is the peanut butter, chocolate, oatmeal no bake goodness. However, the recipe that I own calls for 4 CUPS of sugar and loads of butter. Yummy and yucky all at once. So I decided to replace the sugar with honey and decrease the amount of butter. The first few attempts were a flop, but I FINALLY have a combination that... is... fantastic. Of course, I had to share it with you.

My "Healthy" No Bake Cookies
I'm going to call them "healthy" because it helps me justify 5 in one day. ;)

Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Yields approximately 2 Dozen

Ingredients:
  • 1 Stick Butter
  • 1 Cup Peanut Butter
  • 1/2 Cup Honey
  • 1/2 Cup Cocoa
  • 1 tsp. Vanilla
  • 1 Cup Milk
  • 4 Cups Oats
Instructions:
  1. Melt Butter over Med-Low heat.
  2. Add PB and Honey till melted - stir continuously.
    This Pampered Chef "push-up" measuring thingy is by far the best kitchen measuring tool ever invented. Especially for sticky goodies like honey and peanut butter, just push it out and scrape it off.
  3. Add cocoa, vanilla, and milk - mix well.
  4. Stir in oats till well coated.
    Look at all that edible goodness in the pot! Yummmm.
  5. Scoop desired cookie size onto wax paper - place in fridge or freezer till solid. 
    Putting them in the freezer is a -wonderful- summer treat.

    Yum.
  6. Eat.
  7. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment