Monday, June 3, 2013

An Eventful Weekend: Part 1 {Dinner Theatre & a Wedding}

This weekend was crazy. Friday night we had tickets to a dinner theatre. Saturday we got up and went to a wedding. After the wedding we hustled out so I could make it in time to my sister-in-law's baby shower (which will be Part 2 of my eventful weekend). It was a whirlwind of fun times.

Friday night was a blast. I was very impressed with the Kimball Community Theatre's "Salute to Broadway" production. The food was fantastic, chicken alfredo (or spaghetti), a vegetable medley, and homemade bread. It was very obvious that a lot of work was put into everything - the set up, the food, and each song was performed very, very well! (There's a lot of talent in this group!) The evening consisted of songs from Cabaret, Willy Wonka, Annie, Wicked, Annie Get Your Gun, Little Shop of Horrors, Chicago, Guys and Dolls, Phantom of the Opera, Grease, Les Miserable, and the Sound of Music. They performed in the old Kimball County Museum, which was a perfect venue! The entire evening was so much fun. PLUS, they put tickets under one chair for the next Kimball Community Theatre's production and I WON! That never happens, with it being my first time as a winner, I was super excited.

Brielle loved it! She bounced, clapped (Yes, she's very proud of this new feat! Haha, it's super adorable.), and watched wide eyed each and every song.

It's a terrible picture, sorry.
Saturday we got up and got ready for a wedding.
Tori was a beautiful bride. Her and Daniel (the groom, standing to her left) were all googly eyed and smiley the entire time. I loved it. It's so weird and awesome to think that I coached them! They're all grown up and I'm feeling a little old.
We did join our friends afterwards for the light luncheon (we had to skip out on the cake and dancing - boooo). Brielle was alllllll over the purple cups. She thought they were fantastic. Plus Daaaaaaaaaddy was holding her so her world was complete.
Look at her eyein' her daddy. She loves him so much.

This is her new excited face, LOL, it cracks me up.
After hustling outta town we drove four hours to Winter Park, CO where my mom and I hosted a baby shower for my sister-in-law. It was themed, "Sweet Little Monkey, You're Loved a TON!" and is Part 2 of this eventful weekend. Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment