Thursday, January 1, 2015

BecKyle 2014 Year in Review

January
  • Briella Bean was 16 months old and I'm beyond thankful I wrote posts like that. I've already forgotten most of what was written there. 

February
  • Our Briella Bean decided that the song Wagon Wheel by Darius Rucker was her absolute favorite. She'd wiggle her butt and say, "Dis?" (In other words, she was asking me to put on Wagon Wheel so she could dance.) To this day it's still her favorite; we have a dance party almost every day. 
  • We began preparing for our trip to the Bahamas later this month and on into March...

March
  • Briella Bean turned 18 months old!
  • We had a fantastic trip visiting my sister and her husband on the island of Abaco, Bahamas. It was definitely a highlight of the year, especially since we got to meet our newest niece Abigail. We can't wait to go back someday! 

April
  • I began my 40 Day Challenge, which was a mile marker in my relationship with Christ. I designed it to refocus my mind on Him instead of the things of this world and after its completion I realized this isn't just a one time deal. I may have to do this yearly. 
  • Briella Bean told me she loved me for the first time. Definitely a highlight! "Ahhhhh ouuuu!" 

May
  • We purchased a new-to-us camera and put it to practice on a weekend my mom came out for a visit. I think I captured some pretty adorable shots. 
  • Ladies in our church got together and planned a High Tea event that stands out in my memory as a wonderful time of planning, preparation, and partying. Can't wait for next year!
  • One of my favorite phrases we tried to get Bean to say over and over and over again was "I no know know!" (I don't know!) 

June
  • We enjoyed a family reunion of sorts. My siblings and I got together for the first time in years. It was Unruh-ly to say the least...

July

August
  • I suffered through the first trimester blues. Morning sickness? Ha. How about evening sickness. Oh, and motion sickness. Eggs? Yuck. Watermelon? Every time I ate it, I threw it up. Cilantro? Used to be so yummy. I was one tired, sick momma this month and on through the beginning of October. That consumed my life, so I did nothing else but grow a baby!  

September
  • We celebrated Briella Bean's 2nd birthday!
  • We decided to try a one night camping experience at a lake not too far from home. It was fun. We didn't get a lot of sleep thanks to puppies who like to cuddle too much and a 2 year old who loves to jump on the bed like a little monkey, as a result we decided that one night is plenty for the stage of life we're in right now! 

October
  • We traveled to Minnesota for a friends wedding. We killed two birds with one stone and visited my sister and her in-laws. It was a wonderfully long, much needed weekend. It was at this wedding that my daughter revealed just how much she adores dancing. She stole the bride's thunder as she danced the night away. (I think it was because the DJ played her song Wagon Wheel near the beginning, which got her off and running.)
  • We visited the same pumpkin patch as last year and recreated this picture: 
    Fall 2013

    Fall 2014


  • Brielle thoroughly enjoyed her first trick or treating experience. She went door to door saying, "Trick or feet!" We thought it too cute to correct. She picked her costume... 
    Isn't she a cute little monkey? Mommy and daddy dressed up too... as Mayhem and Flo. 
  • We made a BIG announcement!



  • November
    • I published the first of many posts about our Brielle called, "Spilling the Beans".
    • I turned a whole 30 years old.
    • We found out that Kyle has another girl in his life! 
    • We traveled to see my family for Thanksgiving. It was a busy few days that I spent sick. Big bummer, but it helped me realize how absolutely thankful I am for my husband and my family.
    • Mandy and David moved in with us for a month before finding a place of their own. They came to our church to learn how to rightly handle God's Word through the process of discipleship. Who knows what God has in store for their lives but I have a feeling that because of their faithfulness in following where they believe God is leading them, they will be used in great and mighty ways for HIS glory. I'm so excited to see the growth in them these next couple of years! They have an incredible testimony to share (and yes, I'll be sharing their incredible story).

    December
    • We went on a wonderful hike in the middle of December. It was so much fun to picnic and walk around in God's beauty - even in the dead of December it was beautiful! 


    • We traveled to Kyle's parents house for Christmas where Bean watched Cinderella for the first time. Her comment to Cinderella's crying after her step sisters ripped her dress melted our hearts, "She needs a daddy!" Yes, every little girl needs a daddy like Kyle. Speaking of Kyle, it was his turn (along with Briella Bean) to spend the holiday sick. Another bummer. Thankfully, they didn't spend every day feeling as awful as they did Christmas day. Memories were still made, like Bean playing in her Aunt "Symie's" prom dress. I can't tell you how many times they danced to Wagon Wheel by Darius Rucker.

      Such a dreamy expression!


    Our 2014 family yearbook:
      Photo books are the perfect gift for any occasion.

      How do I even begin to put words to how blessed I feel? I'm looking through the yearbook realizing that it isn't about the car we drive (haha, partly because it's an old 90's Buick), or our tiny home, or the clothes in my tiny closet, or my career, but it is about the loved one's pictured over and over again. My husband and my children and my family and my friends will forever and always be my focus because they are who God has given me - blessing my socks off. 100 years from now those things I listed won't really matter, but the memories made behind each picture captured with the people pictured are what matters; starting with my life as BecKyle as we strive to keep Christ at the center of it.

      No comments:

      Post a Comment