Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Tuesday's Top Ten Plus Ten [Closet Favs]

Melany and I have written quite a bit about our favorite seasonal clothing this year (including costumes):
After today's topic we don't have another post on wardrobes, fashion, outfits, clothing or anything of the like scheduled. If you've been reading our fashion and wardrobe favorites you might already know our closet favs. 
Still, check out our lists and see if you're spot on...
  1. Every girl needs a little black dress and I love mine! I have yet to actually wear it out because I doubt I could zip it up over my ever expanding baby bump, but I am super excited for the occasion for which to feel elegant. Check out how cute it is: I FINALLY Found MY Little Black Dress!
  2. Most of the items (like the above dress) were consignment store finds. I rarely buy anything that's not on clearance or second hand. The following vintage shoes are no exception. It's amazing the things you can find, that quickly become closet favs... 

  3. My black skinny jeans are a definite closet fav. They're comfortable and go great with boots for fall and winter outfits or rolled up come spring...
  4. Scarves. I have so many that I can't pick just one. I have a favorite come fall and a couple favorites around Christmas and one or two that are "must-haves" come spring. 
  5. Button ups. I'm a big fan of layering and button ups are perfect with a t-shirt, sweater, cardigan or all of the above. Here are a few of my personal favs... 
    Denim, brown lace button up, light pink (silky & comfy), plaid with lace... 
  6. Speaking of layering, cardigans are also a favorite. Here's a few I wear quite often: 
    I love pulling outfits like this off, which is easy with a few of my closet favs already mentioned...

  7. I do not wear much jewelry but these earrings are a few of my go-to's... 
    My grandma gave me both earrings pictured (I wear them often)...
    I can't pick a favorite out of this bunch.
  8. Flats are a closet fav and these are a pair I like a lot. Purchased for a whole $8 at ThredUp

  9. Boots. Cowboy boots, tall black boots, healed boots... I love them all. I have zero boot bias.
  10. Since we're on the subject of shoes (which are a closet fav) I also love flip flops during the summer months. 
When it's time to dress up I tend to pick at least one of these favorite items in an outfit, but on an average day I resort to sweat pants, t-shirt and hoody, with warm socks and my worn-out slippers. It's the closet fav of every stay-at-home mom, right? Hey, don't judge my mommy garb! For this particular season of life I'll trade my mommy garb for all my closet favs if it means being home with my babies for their first few years of life. The opportunities to wear these closet favs are few and far between, but I'm okay with that. My career can wait. My "going out" days are put on hold. It's well worth the time spent with this little girl who shares my liking for these shoes in particular...

No comments:

Post a Comment